What’s a Cubieboard?
In short, a Cubieboard or Cubietruck is a microcomputer, similar to a Raspberry Pi.
With the recent media surrounding the Pi2’s new specs – a Quad Core and 1 gb of RAM – you get the impression that something that powerful has never created. However Cubieboards and Cubietrucks have been around for a while now and their specifications are very impressive.
Below are the specifications for the Cubieboard and Cubietruck and you will quickly see that these little microcomputers pack a very significant punch. Take a look at this benchmark comparing the Cubieboard to the Raspberry Pi.
Not only the specifications make the Cubieboard attractive but also its ability to run android or linux, and use a SATA connection.
Check out the specs below and let me know what you think!
As a bonus we have a $10 off Cubieboards coupon code: cubie10
- Dual core ARM cortex-A7 processor, NEON, VFPv4, 256KB L2 cache
- Mali400mp2, OpenGL ES GPU
- 1GB DDR3 @480MHz
- HDMI 1080p Output
- 100M Ethernet
- 4Gb Nand Flash
- 2 USB Host, 1 micro SD slot, 1 SATA, 1 ir
- 96 extend pin including
- Running Android, Ubuntu and other Linux distributions
- Allwinner Tech A20 SOC
- SATA supported
- 54 extended pins
- Built-in HDMI/ VGA display interface
- Built-in WIFI+BT module
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- Built-in IR receiver
- SPDIF audio interface
- Allwinner Tech SOC A20 ARM® Cortex™-A7 Dual-Core ARM® Mali400 MP2 Complies with OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1
- 2GB DDR3@480MHz
- HDMI&VGA 1080P display output on-board
- 10M/100M/1G Ethernet
- WIFI + BT wireless connection with antenna on-board
- SATA 2.0 interface support 2.5’ HDD (for 3.5’ HDD, only need another 12V power input)
- Storage solution NAND + MicroSD
- 2 x USB HOST, 1 x OTG, 1 x SPDIF, 1 x IR, 4 x LEDs, 1 x Headphone, 3 x Keys
- Power DC5V@2.5A with HDD support Li-battery & RTC
- 54 extended pins including I2S, I2C, SPI, CVBS, LRADC x2,UART, PS2, PWM x2, TS/CSI, IRDA, LINEIN&FMIN&MICIN, TVIN x4 with 2.0 pitch connectors
- PCB size 11cm *8cm*1.4mm
Below are a few tutorials to get you thinking.
- Official Site
- Good Overview from ProgramOften on Youtube